/*Google stuff*/
single-handedly making the world more beautful . . . one finished object at a time.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

i heart etsy wednesday

I had an excuse to visit etsy today. Yesterday I completed the refinishing of an awesome vintage danish ceramic-wood lamp. I purchased the lamp for my camio's nursery when I was still pregnant. It was ugly in its original colors, but had nice bones. It sat around in my kitchen for the past 5+ months waiting to be painted. I finally got around to painting it an enamel white. It turned out gorgeous! Better than I had even expected. Then I smashed the absolute crap out of it. It busted into a million unrepairable pieces. Not on purpose of course. I had just brought it in from outside and set it on the counter. I walked about 10 steps away, heard the horrible noise of it crashing against our insanely hard terracotta tile floors and then screamed. I was and am still so incredibly upset/frustrated/pissed. It was perfect, perfect I say. It had awesome shape, awesome texture and only cost me $13!!!!!!!!  I didn't even get to snatch a picture of it in its finished state.

So I scoured etsy today looking for a replacement, but to no avail. There are tons of great danish/mid-century lamps out there, but I'm still sore about my lamp and that's the only one I want. I just need some time to get over it before I can even think about finding a different lamp.

Here are some cool finds that I may end up warming up to in about 5 months.

01. This white lamp is the same color and has the same awesome wood neck, it just has a different shape than mine did


02. This slender lamp is closer to being the right shape


 03. I am loving everything about the base of this lamp


 04. The shade/base color combination on this lamp makes me happy


 05. I'm not sure that I'd put this industrial lamp in the same category, but I like it nonetheless


 06. Faster than a speeding bullet lamp


07. Maybe I'll ditch the whole lamp thing and just hang a shade



love my camio

1 comment: