/*Google stuff*/
single-handedly making the world more beautful . . . one finished object at a time.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

my camio is born

I have been wanting to 'make' with my hands for some time now. As a child I had fun spending hours upon end making things (some of them ugly no doubt). Upon starting college all of that pretty much ceased due to a hectic schedule. After college my need to 'make' was satisfied with our first house and each one after that. Remodeling, tiling, painting, plastering, decorating, and such has been my biggest hobby for the past 8 or so years.

I have been knitting off and on for several years now, and recently taught myself how to crochet (my first project was a cowl for my husband which ended up being too large!) What I would really like to get back into is sewing. I've never been GREAT at sewing. I always hated following patterns and liked to 'create as I go'. This was fun as a child, but is limiting as an adult. Learning proper techniques is important to grow as a 'creator'.

By starting my camio I am committing to teach myself how to sew. My inspiration is my sweet little 4 month old daughter and good design.

love my camio

No comments:

Post a Comment